Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One More Day

Jordan and I leave for Bali tomorrow evening, and I have to say, I don't know if I've been this excited since arriving in Australia. Not to mention, the World Cup starts in a little over a week. I'll be in the Darwin airport for the return layover during the U.S. opener against England, so I should be able to find a TV to watch the game, even though it will be around 4am.

The current plan for our trip is to spend our first night in Kuta, and then hop a ferry ride to the much smaller island of Nusa Lembongan, which we've heard amazing things about. Both our travel books and people we've talked to have raved about it. It's basically a much smaller, less crowded, and less developed version of Bali. We plan on spending two or three nights there, and then heading back to Bali for the remainder of the trip. As usual for this time of year, the surf report looks excellent for everywhere in the area. Hopefully we'll score some great waves and have an incredible trip. I will be leaving my laptop at home, so don't expect to hear from me all that much until I arrive back in Sydney on the 14th.

Also, my next post, which will go up in the next 24 hours, will feature my final assignment for my Modes of Publishing class. Although the assignment itself has very little to do with this blog, it's a requirement that we publish our work via blogger. Thus, I will be posting my work online for everyone to see. My paper deals with the topic of "remix culture" and how it relates to the world renowned street artist Invader, who some of you may or may not be familiar with. Feel free to check it out. You just might learn a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment